Friday, March 6, 2009

Do you have mice in your house???

Ultimate received numerous calls about mice in units. Mice are on the move this time of year and we suggest you call...

Cal Rid (403- 233-0646)
Exterminators for mice in units.
Problems that are out of normal control and where traps are not working.
Cal Rid to service units at Resident Tenants and Resident Owners Expense only.

OR

Click here for some tips on how to keep mice out of your home.

Ultimate and the board are in discussion about this problem. If there is a problem with the exterior of your unit and you think that is how the mice are getting in please let Carole at Ultimate know. It is also VERY important you keep your garbage bags in a sealed bin as outlined in the bylaws to keep rodents away.

Thank you,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had problems with mice in the past, it's been a few months since I got the last one. Before that I got several. They are coming in between the two units (in mine thur the dishwasher area. I called the rodent control company and was told they would only check my 3 outside walls not the shared wall with my neighbour unless my neighbour hired them as well. The charge was $200 to $250.

Maybe the condo board should consider having the outside of all the units inspected for potential rodent access areas. This may be expensive but they are getting in somehow from outside and isn't the association responsible for outside structure. I did find an area in my basement (under the front step) when walking down the stairs I could see daylight coming thru the area where the concrete foundation meets the wood structure. I filled this with an expanding foam. Unfortuately, this did not rid me of the problem. My neighbour has had mice problems also but believes they are coming from my unit. They are getting in somehow between the 2 units (garbage is keep in covered cans). We can block all the holes inside our homes and make sure we have weather stripping on the doors, but we need to find out how they are getting into the structure from outside.

Gayle Phillips, Chair said...

Hi there. I would suggest you contact Carole O'Neill at Ultimate and explain the situation. During our Spring walk-about (if Spring ever GETS here) we will be on the lookout for such issues, but plesae bring your specific situation to Ultimate's attention. It may also give us a specific point to be on the lookout for in all units.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks
I will try to do that. Unforunatly, I haven't had a lot of success when calling Ultimate with questions.
I look forward to getting more information from the board on this issue (how many complaints have there been and what will the board be doing to assist in this matter).
Thanks